Skip to main content

Feeling Crazy, But Blessed

Me and my CRAZY but cute brothers!
 Day 14 of Quarantine. I've literally driven myself crazy. I’ve just recently gotten the news that the earliest I will be going back to school  is April 20th. This to me is really weird. I miss my teacher and friends all ready, and now I have to wait maybe even longer than April 20th. This has been definitely the most crazy experience of my life, and I will never forget it. Even though this has been really hard, I can't help but realize how blessed I am. This pandemic could have been so much worse, not that it isn't horrible already. I have a loving family  who are taking the necessary precautions to keep us safe. I have the option to go outside, ride my bike, and hang out with my family. Speaking of family, here are a couple stories of things my little brothers have done this quarantined break: A couple of days ago, I was talking to my friend Lydia on the phone, because I hadn't seen her in a long time. My mom will usually tell me when it is time to get of the phone. I'm talking to Lydia, and I can hear my brothers outside the door being their wild crazy self's. As usual I tried to ignore them, but they kept saying that my mom needed me. So finally, I decided to get off the phone and see what my mom "needed" me to do. I get out there, and they are standing their laughing with the couch cushions set up as barricades. "Wow" I said to myself. I was tricked. So, I go back in there, recall my friend, and tried to ignore my brothers. Well, that is that. Here's the other story. We were outside in the front yard of our house, and we were playing with sidewalk chalk, (Well at least my brothers were,) Later that evening, my family and I decided to go on another walk around the neighborhood. We were about to exit the driveway when we realize that there is a drawing of an ugly yellow smiley face with a unibrow on the front of our house. We were laughing our heads off, trying to remind ourselves that this was NOT funny. Luckily the chalk came off and the house was its normal self again. Yup. That is my life currently. Sure, I might not be able to play with  my friends or go to school, but my family is really all I need, and I'm so glad I have a great one that cares about me and loves me. This has been a hard  and eye opening experience. My family has come closer together through this experience, and I am somewhat grateful that this is happening. I'm definitely not happy though I'll tell you that. Anyway, that's all for today. Let's see if I make it.

Comments

Post a Comment